London Councils co-ordinates the London Organisational Development Strategic network which is a collaborative forum developing and sharing best practice, identifying potential cross-council strategic interventions and efficiencies in the delivery of workforce learning and development activities.
All London boroughs may nominate an appropriate representative to be a member of this strategic network. The council’s representative will be employed in the HR/OD field and have the appropriate seniority and authority to make decisions and contribute on behalf of their employer.
Roles and responsibilities of the members:
- To attend network meetings. If a member cannot attend then they must nominate a suitable colleague to attend in their place.
- To volunteer and take the lead on elements of the network's work programme.
- To contribute to the activities within the network's work programme.
- Obtain appropriate authority to outline their Council's position to contributing to cross-council initiatives.
- Provide data to enable benchmarking analysis to enable efficiency and best practice reviews.
- To cascade recommendations, information and progress against the network's work programme within their organisation.
- Proactivity work with the Heads of HR network.
Co-Chairs: Samantha Whittick (Ealing), Kaye Saxton-Lea (City of London) and Diane Lomas (Tower Hamlets)