Our work is currently focused on –
- Influencing reform of health and adult care by working with boroughs and partners to ensure NHS reforms support borough and place level partners to integrate health and care.
- Achieving reform of adult care that puts the system on a strong and sustainable footing.
- Working with boroughs and the GLA to ensure implementation of the Domestic Abuse Act achieves the best possible outcomes for Londoners
- Providing a voice for London on the review of public health so that the outcome strengthens London’s public health function and increases local determination.
- Leading activity to showcase the work boroughs are doing to tackle the disproportionate health impact of Covid on Londoners.
To achieve these aims we work closely with boroughs and a range of partners, including NHS England and NHS Improvement (London), London Integrated Care Systems, the Office for Health Improvement and Disparities and UK Health Security Agency (London regional teams), the Mayor and the Greater London Authority, the Local Government Association (LGA), the Home Office and the Department of Health and Social Care.
Health and Wellbeing Boards
Health and Wellbeing Boards are the vehicles for joint local system leadership for health and care