Applying for a London Taxicard
If you are a Ukrainian evacuee and have a long-term mobility difficultly which restricts your access to public transport, and you meet one of the following eligibility criteria you will be eligible for a Taxicard:
- Are you 90 years or older and a resident of Kingston Upon Thames?
- Are you 85 years or older and a resident of Barnet or Redbridge?
- Are you 80 years or older and a resident of Islington?
- Are you registered as SEVERELY sight-impaired or BLIND?
If you do not meet one of the above criteria but have a long-term mobility difficulty that restricts your access to public transport you may still be eligible for a Taxicard.
Please refer to this page https://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/services/taxicard/apply-taxicard-your-borough to locate the borough in which you have settled and reside.
Download and print the applicable application.
Please complete the application to the best of your ability and provide the documents that you have available to you.
We recognise providing documents may be difficult and so would accept the following in place of Proof of Address and Identification that we normally request:
Proof of Age/identity:
- Birth certificate
- Identity Card
Proof of Address:
- Any documentation from the “Homes for Ukraine” scheme
- Household bill (council tax etc) from your sponsors address (this would be where you (the evacuee) is residing) and covering letter from your sponsor stating that you (the evacuee) is residing with them.
- GP letter
Your application may be subject to an assessment by the borough in which you have settled and reside and could take between 8 to 12 weeks to process.
For further information and assistance with your application, please contact the Taxicard helpline on 0207 934 9791 and choose Option 2.
Alternatively, you can email email@example.com