Objectives of the Network:
- To identify the key overall priorities for developing and improving the Education HR service across the London boroughs.
- To work in partnership with the Children’s Services Network with the aim of improving the Children’s Services Workforce across the London boroughs. This will be underpinned by the Children’s Workforce Strategy and contribute to the delivery of the responsibilities within the Children Act 2004 and the ‘Every Child Matters: Change for Children’ programme.
- To invite speakers to inform on strategic issues relating to the Education/life long learning agenda.
- To provide the opportunity for boroughs to present their experiences and learn from each other.
- To provide feedback and ideas on the development and implementation of the Education workforce strategies to central government and any other relevant body.
- To initiate joint projects and joint working activities aimed at improving the Education workforce.
- To contribute to the collection of comparative data for monitoring performance and developing strategies/solutions.
Chair: Mark Nelson, London Borough of Ealing is the current Chair.