London Leadership Programme (LLP) is a flagship development programme investing in the next generation of senior leaders in London.
The London Leadership Programme brings together talented professionals from London’s 32 boroughs. It is designed for aspiring leaders who share a passion for leadership and want to contribute to the leadership of a thriving and unique city.
Never has there been a greater need for leadership by those who — in addition to strong management competencies — can look up and out. People who are comfortable working across boundaries, with communities, in partnerships, and in conditions of uncertainty. Those who can negotiate through difference, build consensus, and mobilise others. Those who have curiosity to explore and an openness to being wrong. It needs people with fluency in the dynamics of power as well as awareness of the limitations of their own perspectives. Most of all, it needs those with an understanding that this kind of leadership is a team sport.
The programme equips leaders to:
- Show their integrity and use their judgement
- Understand London’s unique context and contribution
- Support effective systems leadership across London
- Lead and work in diverse organisations
- Develop the perspectives and mindsets essential for collaborative working
- Nurture and develop their own talent and the talents of the people they lead
- Embrace diversity in their organisations and communities
- Support collaborative, sustainable networks in London
- Lead in unexpected and previously unknown environments.
The Future of the Programme
The LLP is currently delivered by Collaborate CIC. Cohort 8 is taking place between January 2024 and May 2024, as well as opportunities for the growing alumni group. We regularly refresh the programme content to ensure that participants continue to be challenged and prepared for the current and future challenges that London faces.
Three further cohorts will take place between 2024 and 2025. Information regarding recruitment to Cohort 9 will be available in the spring of 2024.