The Leaders’ Committee is asked to approve the following borough subscription and charges:
• The proposed Joint Committee subscription for boroughs of £161,958 per borough for 2021/22, no change on the charge of £161,958 for 2020/21 (paragraph 14);
• The proposed Joint Committee subscription for MOPAC of £15,410 for 2021/22, no change on the charge of £15,410 for 2020/21 (paragraph 15);
• An overall level of expenditure of £6.668 million for the Grants Scheme in 2021/22, no change from 2020/21; and
• Borough contributions for 2021/22 to fully cover the scheme of £6.668 million, the same level as for 2020/21 (paragraphs 16-18).
The Leaders’ Committee is also asked to endorse the following subscription and charges for 2021/22 for TEC, which were be considered by the TEC Executive Sub-Committee on 19 November, and which will be presented to the main meeting of TEC on 10 December for final approval:
• The Parking Core Administration Charge of £1,500 per borough and for TfL (2020/21 - £1,500) (paragraph 19);
• No charge to boroughs in respect of the Freedom Pass Administration Charge, which is covered by replacement Freedom Pass income (2020/21 – no charge) (paragraph 21);
• The net Taxicard Administration Charge to boroughs of £338,000 in total (2019/20 - £338,000); (paragraph 22);
• No charge to boroughs and TfL in respect of the Lorry Control Administration Charge, which is fully covered by estimated PCN income (2020/21 – no charge) (paragraph 23);
• The Parking Enforcement Service Charge of £0.3596 per PCN, which will be distributed to boroughs and TfL in accordance with the number of PCNs issued in 2019/20 (2020/21 - £0.3708 per PCN; paragraphs 26-27);
• The Parking and Traffic Appeals Charge of £27.84 per appeal or £24.06 per appeal where electronic evidence is provided by the enforcing authority (2020/21 - £27.35/£23.63 per appeal). For hearing Statutory Declarations, a charge of £22.15 for hard copy submissions and £21.40 for electronic submissions (2020/21 - £21.78/£21.04 per SD) (paragraphs 28-29);
• Congestion Charging Appeals including the ULEZ scheme – to be recovered on a full cost recovery basis, as for 2020/21, under the current contract arrangement with the GLA (paragraph 30);
• The TRACE (Electronic) Charge of £7.53 per transaction (2020/21 - £7.53) (paragraphs 31-33);
• The TRACE (Fax/Email) Charge of £7.70 per transaction, which is levied in addition to the electronic charge of £7.53 per transaction, making a total of £15.23 (2020/21 - £15.23) (paragraphs 31-33); and
• The TEC Charge of £0.175 per transaction (2020/21 - £0.175) (paragraphs 31-33).
On the basis of the above proposed level of subscriptions and charges, the Leaders’ Committee is asked to approve:
• The provisional consolidated revenue expenditure budget for 2021/22 for London Councils of £341.317 million, as per Table 4 at paragraph 34 and Appendix A of this report;
• The provisional consolidated revenue income budget for 2021/22 for London Councils of £339.787 million, also as per Table 4 at paragraph 34 and Appendix B;
• Within the total income requirement, the use of London Councils reserves of £1.530 million in 2021/22, as detailed in paragraph 53.
The Leaders’ Committee is also asked to note:
• The position in respect of forecast uncommitted London Councils reserves as at 31 March 2021, as detailed at paragraphs 51-59; and
• The positive statement on the adequacy of the residual London Councils reserves issued by the Director of Corporate Resources, as detailed in paragraphs 58-59.