- PPSO – SEND & Commissioning
- PPSO – Your Choice & LIIA General
Two years Fixed Term Contracts
Starting salaries £29,543 per annum
Who we are
The London Innovation and Improvement Alliance (LIIA) is the Association of London Directors of Children’s Services (ALDCS) sector-led improvement partnership and is hosted by London Councils. We exist to facilitate collaboration to address ALDCS priorities, provide a platform for innovation, identify and share effective practice and produce and make accessible shared datasets.
To support successful delivery, following numerous funding awards and the expansion of the programme, we are seeking to grow the team and require two motivated Project and Policy Support Officers to join our team in helping all of London’s local authorities to collaborate to improve the outcomes and experience for children in the capital.
What you’ll do
LIIA has a varied and exciting programme of work, delivering research, joint projects and policy advocacy to support children’s services within the boroughs. The Policy and Project Support Officer will support this work and enable you to build professional expertise in public policy and children’s services, providing direct exposure to all activities associated with our delivery and service to London’s Local Authorities, and working as part of an expert team.
You’ll work as part of the London Innovation and Improvement Alliance (LIIA) team to support the achievement of the LIIA vision, priorities and targets through high quality communication with members, organisation and administration of meetings and workshops, and provision of administrative and support services.
The two posts will be positioned to support the SEND & Commissioning workstreams, and the Your Choice (YC) programme along with providing general support across the LIIA portfolio.
The positions will involve you playing a key role to:
- Support LIIA’s policy advocacy work through desk-based research and surveys and preparation of notes and briefings to inform policy and programme development,
- Support implementation of the Pan-London SEND & Commissioning and YC programmes respectively, working with programme leads and local authority partners.
- Compile progress reports to inform progress review by the LIIA Strategic Lead, governance boards and networks, and ALDCS.
- Coordinate, oversee and service LIIA internal and external meetings and workshops, including the ALDCS work groups, and governance boards and networks, ensuring agenda items are identified, speakers are contacted and briefed, reports and presentations are received.
- Support general LIIA administration, book appointments and ensure the effective maintenance of up-to-date mailing lists.
- Assist in the planning and organising of events, publications and briefing notes.
- Contribute to, develop content and monitor communications to LIIA members via a variety of channels.
- Contribute to the LIIA’s stakeholder engagement programme and assist with the identification and engagement of potential stakeholders.
How to Apply
To ensure fairness, your application will be blind reviewed by our hiring team. You won't need a CV to apply to this job.
Closing date for applications: Monday 6 December 2021 at 12 noon
Interview Date: Monday 13 December 2021
To view the Job Information Pack for this role, please go to attachments section.
To apply online please visit https://jobs.londoncouncils.gov.uk/
Alternatively, please contact 020 7332 3978 (24-hour Answer phone) quoting reference number LC799 if you experience any problems. A minicom service for the hearing impaired available on 020 7332 3732.
As a Disability Confident Employer, London Councils will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the post