Starting salary: £36,673 per annum (pro rata to 21 hours per week)
Permanent (Suitable as a secondment opportunity too)
Job reference: LC822
Who we are
The London Innovation and Improvement Alliance (LIIA) is the Association of London Directors of Children’s Services (ALDCS) sector-led improvement partnership and is hosted by London Councils. We exist to facilitate collaboration to address ALDCS priorities, provide a platform for innovation, identify and share effective practice and produce and make accessible shared datasets.
To support successful delivery, following numerous funding awards and the expansion of the programme, we are seeking to grow the team and require a motivated and capable Principal Project & Policy Officer to support our workforce workstream and help all of London’s local authorities to collaborate to improve the outcomes and experience for children in the capital.
What you’ll do
LIIA has a varied and exciting programme of work, delivering research, joint projects and policy advocacy to support children’s services within the boroughs. As Principal Project & Policy Offer you will support this work, with a particular focus on the priority workforce, enabling you to build on and develop professional expertise in public policy and children’s services, providing direct exposure to all activities associated with our delivery and service to London’s Local Authorities, as part of an expert team.
You’ll support our achievement of the ALDCS vision, priorities and targets through high quality project coordination and ownership, communication with members, workshops and holding an integral role in the delivery of key projects.
The positions will involve you playing a key role in the following areas:
- Project coordination in the London Innovation and Improvement Alliance (LIIA) programme, working with Directors, senior officers and services across the London region.
- Ensuring effective stakeholder involvement, consultation and communication relating to the programme, with particular focus on the workforce priority
- Support stakeholder engagement, communications and ensure that distribution lists and changes are continually updated across each of the project areas
- Assist in the planning and organising of events, publications and briefing papers for a range of stakeholders in relation to workforce progress
- Contribute to, develop content and monitor communications via a variety of channels, including the Workforce Newsletter.
- Contribute to the LIIA’s stakeholder engagement programme and assist with the identification and engagement of potential stakeholders.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, 4 July 2022
Interviews: 11 July 2022
The link for the application is: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/s0hcvh1csk
Alternatively, please contact 020 7332 3978 (24-hour Answer phone) quoting reference number LC822 if you experience any problems. A minicom service for the hearing impaired available on 020 7332 3732.
London Councils is committed to equality of opportunities. As users of the disability symbol, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the post.
You must have the right to work in the UK. London Councils is unfortunately unable to offer sponsorship visas. Evidence for the right to work in the UK will be requested at the interview stage.