Most health and care services are provided locally and a healthy life depends on an environment that is shaped locally. The London boroughs are an essential partner to jointly develop faster improvements in our health and care services, while also making London a healthier city. The democratic accountability of London local government is the best foundation on which to engage citizens and build public support for the changing face of 21st century health care. We will:
- Seek agreement on funding and devolved powers in order to offer a new deal to transform London’s aging GP and primary care premises as part of a wider improvement in the quality of primary care service offered to all Londoners.
- Develop proposals for a step change in integrated health and care through an offer of borough level commissioning across London, as part of a refreshed devolution agreement.
- Take forward the world class borough collaboration on HIV prevention to collaborate on provision of local sexual health services throughout London.
- Argue for further devolution of public health funding, autonomy and powers to London boroughs.
- Lobby for adequate funding of social care and public health services.