Recent research commissioned by London Councils shows that children’s services across London are facing an unsustainable level of financial risk. Natalie Parish, Director of ISOS Partnerships and Caroline Dawes, Head of Children’s Services at London Councils discuss the methodology, key findings and recommendations from this research.
Find out more about:
- The pressure on children’s services finances, particularly children’s social care and high needs
- The approach to the research
- The London Picture
- The impact of the Children’s Act 2014 on Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Key drivers of retention of staff, particularly social workers
- Key recommendations for boroughs, London local government and national government
Listen to our podcast
The research aims to unpick the drivers behind the considerable cost and demand pressure facing children’s services in London, particularly children’s social care and SEND. Find out more about the research and download a copy of the full report.
Members are welcome to submit views, comments and suggestions to: [email protected] and share your opinions with other members across London.
More podcasts are available on our website
You can subscribe to the podcast on your favourite podcast players: