Contact detailsName: Anastasia Mulenga
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 020 7934 9809
This free event* aimed at portfolio holders and leaders will give members an opportunity to:
- Hear the progress that has been made in the pilots
- Consider how the MoU will impact on local delivery of services
- Discuss the next steps for health and care transformation in London
- Consider the role of Members in a devolved environment Chaired by Cllr Kevin Davis, London Councils' executive member for health.
Chaired by Cllr Kevin Davis, London Councils' executive member for health.
Background to the MoU
In December 2015 the London boroughs, their partners in health and the Mayor of London formally agreed find new ways to work together to improve health and wellbeing, inequalities and services in London.
The London Devolution Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), signed in November 2017, reaffirmed the commitment of all partners to devolve or delegate powers and the granting of new freedoms to London. It opens up new opportunities at the local, multi-borough and regional level, to better shape provision and reform systems and services to improve Londoners' health. The MoU will help overcome many of the barriers to health and care organisations working better together - such as around payments, regulation or workforce.
* This event is free to London borough councillors as a result of their authority's membership of London Councils.