In light of the current situation with the outbreak of Covid-19 (coronavirus), we have made changes to the London Taxicard scheme to support Taxicard members.
You can now use you Taxicard for:
- Taxicard drivers to pick up and deliver essential supplies for you; and
- Allow friends and family to travel on your behalf using your Taxicard for the same purpose
How this works:
- Make a booking advising you want a collection of pre-bought items from a supermarket, pharmacy or takeaway etc
- Make a booking advising you want a nominated person to use a taxi on your behalf to purchase or collect essential items on your behalf
- All collections have to pre-paid and an order number provided (if applicable) at the time of booking
- You will be given a cost of the journey and you will have to pay your contribution at time of booking using a debit or credit card
Some supermarkets are imposing strict rules around social distancing and limiting the amount of people in store at one time, you will need to book two journeys if someone is doing a shop on your behalf. In these circumstances the driver will not wait while someone shops, and a return journey will have to be booked once the shopping has been completed.
What are we doing to further support Taxicard members when travelling?
- We have modified the Taxicard service to enable customers to book for the collection and delivery of essential items
- CityFleet have purchased new cleaning equipment to ensure the deep cleaning of all of our vehicles. The professional equipment is recommended and used by NHS and customers can clink on this link to a view a video showing one of Taxis being cleaned with this equipment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZfYD_BjJYQ
- CityFleet are providing Taxis on as many bookings as possible as the partition which separates the driver in the front of the Taxi from the passenger in the rear ensures that the Government’s social distancing guidelines can be observed and;
- CityFleet are working closely with their drivers and passengers to ensure they are aware of and are adhering to the changing guidelines set by Transport for London during the COVID-19 pandemic and are providing drivers with PPE and additional sanitising materials to clean their vehicles between journeys
CityFleet remains the sole contractor for Taxicard. Taxicard members will still need to contact CityFleet to arrange journeys.
To make a booking call CityFleet on 020 7763 5001 (Option 1)
For further information contact London councils by email at: [email protected]