In light of the current situation with the outbreak of Covid-19 (coronavirus), we have made changes to the London Taxicard scheme to support Taxicard members.
You can now use you Taxicard for:
- Taxicard drivers to pick up and deliver essential supplies for you; and
- Allow friends and family to travel on your behalf using your Taxicard for the same purpose
How this works:
- Make a booking advising you want a collection of pre-bought items from a supermarket, pharmacy or takeaway etc
- Make a booking advising you want a nominated person to use a taxi on your behalf to purchase or collect essential items on your behalf
- All collections have to pre-paid and an order number provided (if applicable) at the time of booking
- You will be given a cost of the journey and you will have to pay your contribution at time of booking using a debit or credit card
Some supermarkets are imposing strict rules around social distancing and limiting the amount of people in store at one time, you will need to book two journeys if someone is doing a shop on your behalf. In these circumstances the driver will not wait while someone shops, and a return journey will have to be booked once the shopping has been completed.
CityFleet remains the sole contractor for Taxicard. Taxicard members will still need to contact CityFleet to arrange journeys.
To make a booking call CityFleet on 020 7763 5001
For further information contact London councils by email at: [email protected]