Our health and social care team’s policy work is driven by four core priorities:
- Create partnerships to keep London's children and young people safe; especially from gangs.
- Champion and build on borough public health achievements in enhancing health and wellbeing for Londoners and make the case for adequate funding.
- Act with partners to transform both access and quality of health and care services for Londoners.
- Campaign for adequate funding and reform of adult social care
We work closely with boroughs and a range of partners. These include:
- NHS England (London)
- Public Health England (London)
- London Clinical Commissioning Council and Office of London CCGs
- The Department of Health
- Local Government Association (LGA)
- The Mayor and Greater London Authority (GLA).
- The Metropolitan Police Service
- Securing devolution to support the transformation of health and care in London
- Supporting the strengthening of local Health and Wellbeing Boards
- Supporting the integration of health and social care
- Securing the funding London needs to ensure a viable future for adult social care
- Supporting collaboration in public health where it can add value
For further information about the work of London Councils policy work in this area please contact:
Strategic Lead for Health & Social Care
020 7934 9830
Policy and Projects Manager (Adult Social Care/Integration)
020 7934 9809
Policy and Projects Manager (Public Health)
020 7934 9507
Policy Support Officer (London Safeguarding Children Board)
020 7934 9683