Useful resources focussing on sport, leisure and physical activity:
- Sport England’s Get Healthy, Get Active report details the learning from projects to: support inactive people to increase physical activity levels through participating in sport; provide evidence regarding how sport can improve public health; and reduce health inequalities
- Sport England’s Economic Value of Sport – Local Model allows local authorities in England to demonstrate how sport benefits their economy in terms of business output (GVA) and jobs plus wider benefits like health
- Sport England’s Local Sport Profile provides councils with a profile of up-to-date data for their local area, covering sports participation, facilities, health, economic and demographics, all in one place. The tool is refreshed annually
- cCLOA’s publication on The Role of Culture and Leisure in Improving Health and Wellbeing aims to help commissioners and providers of culture and leisure services in England understand and engage more effectively and collaboratively with this key agenda
- the DCMS report Quantifying the Social Impacts of Culture and Sport looks at the social and wellbeing impacts of cultural engagement and sport participation, whilst the report on Quantifying and valuing the wellbeing impacts of culture and sport identifies the impacts of culture and sport engagement on individuals’ wellbeing
- the LGA’s Outcomes Framework for Culture and Sport provides guidance for councils and their partners on how to create a local outcomes framework for culture and sport
- the TCPA Culture and Sport Planning Toolkit and good practice guide for Improving Culture, Arts and Sporting Opportunities Through Planning provide guidance on opportunities for culture and sport in the planning system.