The summary of the full meeting can be read here.
Overview of mental health issues in London: Ian Lewis, the Local Authority Advisor for Child Mental Health at Healthy London Partnership
Child mental health – the ALDCS position: Tim Aldridge, the Director of Childrens Service at Newham and ALDCS policy lead role for children and young people’s mental health
London Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services: Paul Jenkins, Chair of Cavendish Square Group.
Breakout Group 1: Prevention of young suicide - Priya Nagda-Swainson, Community Development Officer for London, Papyrus
Breakout Group 2: Mental health support in schools and education settings - Jess Simpson, Senior Programme Manager, Healthy London Partnership
Breakout Group 3: Eating disorders - Kerri Fleming, BEAT
Plenary session: what next – with:
- Tim Aldridge – Director of Children’s Services at LB Newham and ALDCS policy lead for children’s mental health
- Dagmar Zeuner – Director of Public Health at LB Merton and Association of Directors of Public Health London lead for children and young people
- Emma Christie – Head of Mental Health (London) at NHS England and NHS Improvement
The background briefing material can be read here.
Presentation slides are available to download below:
- Ian Lewis (Overview)
- Tim Aldridge (ALDCS position)
- Mental Health in Schools & Mental Health Support Teams
- Eating Disorders
Below you will find links to recordings of the three breakout group dicussions: