Cllr Claire Kober has been re-elected as Chair at London Councils’ Annual General Meeting this week. Cllr Peter John was re-elected as Deputy Chair.
London Councils makes the case to government and other agencies to get the best deal for Londoners and ensure that local authorities have the resources, freedoms and powers to do the best possible job for residents and local businesses.
In addition to the re-elections, Catherine McGuinness from the City of London joins the executive as Vice Chair, replacing Sir Mark Boleat.
London Councils’ Executive is:
- Cllr Claire Kober OBE (Lab, Haringey) – Chair and finance and resources, devolution and public service reform, overall strategy, welfare reform.
- Cllr Teresa O’Neill OBE (Con, Bexley) – Vice-Chair and Conservative group lead on finance and resources, devolution and public service reform.
- Cllr Ruth Dombey OBE (Lib Dem, Sutton) – Vice-Chair.
- Catherine McGuinness (Ind, City) – Vice-Chair.
- Cllr Ray Puddifoot MBE (Con, Hillingdon) – executive member for adult social care.
- Cllr Peter John OBE (Lab, Southwark) Deputy Chair and executive member for business, skills and Brexit (including work, employment and schools).
- Cllr Lib Peck (Lab, Lambeth) – executive member for crime and public protection.
- Cllr Kevin Davis (Con, Kingston) – executive member for health and child safeguarding.
- Mayor Sir Steve Bullock (Lab, Lewisham) – executive member for housing.
- Cllr Julian Bell (Lab, Ealing) – Chair of London Councils’ Transport and Environment Committee.
- Cllr Darren Rodwell (LB Barking & Dagenham) – executive member for city development (including infrastructure, planning, high streets, leisure, arts, sport).
In addition, the Co-Presidents for London Councils have been confirmed as:
- Lord Harris of Haringey (Lab)
- The Baroness Hamwee (Lib Dem)
- The Baroness Hanham CBE (Con)