The London Sexual Health Group brings together representatives of commissioners, providers and clinicians or experts. It aims to develop a joint vision and provide strategic leadership to improve the sexual health of Londoners and reduce sexual health inequalities in the capital, adding value to the decisions, agreements and actions of wider bodies with relevant powers and responsibilities pertaining to sexual health.
The group has no formal decision-making powers or budget and is not a commissioner of sexual health services. The group provides a strategic pan-London perspective to support and influence the decisions of commissioners within the system (local authorities, CCGs and NHS England).
The group also provides a forum for promoting dialogue between commissioners and providers where appropriate, including championing a joint vision to improve sexual health outcomes for Londoners. The group is able to consider all aspects of sexual health and will determine its priorities and keep these and its overall impact under regular review.
The London Sexual Health Group is accountable to the London Health Chief Officers’ Group, which brings together senior officers from local government, CCGs, NHS England and Public Health England in the capital.
In April 2015, the Group agreed a High Level Vision for Sexual & Reproductive Health in London. The group will use this vision to guide its work and hopes it will catalyse individual and collective action by commissioners, providers and others who can play a role in helping to improve sexual and reproductive health outcomes in the capital.
The membership of the group is:
- Mike Cooke, Chief Executive, LB Camden (Chair)
- Dr Penny Bevan, Director of Public Health, LB Hackney (ADPH London SH lead)
- Dr Jonathan Hildebrand, Director of Public Health, RB Kingston upon Thames (ADPH London SH lead)
- Dr Julie Billett, Director of Public Health, LBs Camden & Islington (ADPH London HIV prevention lead)
- Joanne Murfitt, Head of Commissioning for Public Health, NHS England (London Region)
- Barbara O'Connor, Associate Director at Office of London Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Dr Yvonne Doyle, Regional Director (London), Public Health England
- Dr Jenifer Smith, Consultant in Public Health and Sexual Health Lead, PHE
- Hazel Fisher, Director of Contracting (London), NHSE
- Jess Peck, Service Specialist – Blood and Cancer, NHSE
- Dr Ali Kubba, representative, Faculty for Reproductive and Sexual Health (FRSH)
- Dr Liat Sarner, representative, British Association of Sexual Health & HIV (BASHH)
- Clive Grimshaw, Interim Strategic Lead, Health & Adult Services, London Councils
- Kath Gill, Policy & Projects Officer, Health & Adult Services, London Councils (secretariat)