The Association of London Cleansing Officers - ALCO
This forum meets regularly and maintains a reliable email based information sharing network. The forum is set up as a means to update and inform London’s local authority senior officers on relevant waste management issues and topics.
ALCO's members include senior waste management officers and representatives from waste disposal authorities. The forum also includes representation from London Councils, the Greater London Authority (GLA) and the London Waste & Recycling Board (LWARB).
Stephen Didsbury (Honorary Secretary)
Michael Singham MCIWM (ALCO Information Officer)
London Recycling Officers Group - LROG
The group is well represented by recycling officers from each of London's local authorities. The officer group also meets regularly and uses email to disseminate relevant information and best practice sharing amongst its membership.
Meetings include presentations and discussion on policy and practical issues relating to recycling collection and treatment. Typically, each meeting is dedicated to a specific recycling theme.
Key contacts for LROG:
Jon Hastings (Chair)
Other networks, organisations and websites of interest
- Local Authority Recycling Advisory Committee (LARAC)
- Chartered Institute of Waste Management (CIWM)
- Let’s Recycle
- WRAP (Waste and Resources Action Programme)
- WRAP local authority information portal
- London Community Resource Network
- Recycle for London
- LWARB (London Waste and Recycling Board)
- Resource London
- East London Waste Authority
- North London Waste Authority
- Western Riverside Waste Authority
- West London Waste Authority
- South London Waste Partnership
- Greater London Authority Waste and Litter page