London Events Forum (LEF)
The London Events Forum (LEF) is made up of events professionals working for the 32 London Boroughs, the City of London, the Greater London Authority and Visit London. Members of the forum are responsible for producing and hosting hundreds of events every year. LEF provides the opportunity for cross borough working and sharing of information, ideas and best practice.
LEF aims to:
· enable non-local government event organisers to approach the boroughs and the City as a body
· refer commercial enquiries between boroughs, where one is approached but unable to accommodate
· combine forces for lobbying
· share best practice scenarios
· act as a central point to share information
· develop multi-borough partnership projects
· benchmark between boroughs
· discuss key issues and topics affecting the industry
· develop creative partnerships.
With funding granted by the London Cultural Improvement Programme via Capital Ambition and Arts Council England, LEF developed the London Events Toolkit to provide consistent advice to event organisers via the local authority sector.
LEF has also commissioned an EventApp also funded by the London Cultural Improvement Programme via Capital Ambition and Arts Council England. This online events application management tool helps event officers in local authorities to manage the process of granting permission to hold an event. EventApp enables the event organiser and the council event officer to work together more efficiently.
LEF has recently set up a series of Action Learning Sets to discuss a variety of issues impacting on local authority events organisers. This peer support programme enables officers to work through specific challenges whilst feeding into wider latest sector debates and discussions.
For more information on the London Events Forum email Paul Cowell or call 020 7525 3422.