Young People's Education and Skills (YPES) provides pan-London leadership for 14 to 19 education and training provision in relation to the current and future needs of learners and employers, supports local authorities in undertaking their statutory functions, and assists other stakeholders in planning, policy and provision. The YPES Board, made up of key stakeholders and chaired by the Executive Member for Children, Skills and Employment, is the lead strategic body for 14 to 19 education and training services in London.
YPES works for London's boroughs, guiding and supporting them in their local commissioning. Part funded and working closely with the London Enterprise Panel (LEP), it brings together key stakeholders from across London to help deliver the region's priorities to influence and shape the learning provision on offer to young people
The 14-19 YPES board leads on the 14-19 education and training agenda across London.
Papers for next meeting can be found here.
London Councils' Executive Member for Children, Skills and Employment
- 2 x London Councils Members (from other two main parties beyond the chair)
- 2 x LB Directors of Children's Services
- 1 x LB Local Authority Chief Executive
- 1 x Greater London Authority
- 1 x London Enterprise Panel
- 5 x Providers (through representative bodies inc. one each of - FE College; Sixth Form College; School Sixth Form; Work-based Learning Provider; Independent Specialist Provider)
- 1 x National Apprenticeship Service
- 1 x Skills Funding Agency
- 1 x Education Funding Agency
- 1 x Association of Colleges
Papers are copied to the Department for Education.
Present Chair & Deputy Chairs
- Cllr Peter John OBE - London Councils' Executive Member for Children, Skills and Employment
- Gail Tolley - Association of London Directors of Children's Services