Members are asked to:
1. Note the update provided by officers on the process, including robust due diligence, for entering into grant agreement with Priority 1 and 2 providers as set out in section two.
2. Acknowledge the pro-active work of providers under Priority 1, Combatting Homelessness, in arranging a launch event, which will take place on 4 October 2017 (invitations will be sent out to Grants Committee members in due course). Further details are provided in paragraph 4.12.
3. Note the progress of Priority 3: Tackling Poverty through Unemployment, in section five.
4. Endorse the approach outlined in section four to address the issues raised in the Grants Review during the grant agreement process. The process is in line with the Commissioning Performance Management Framework, agreed by members in February 2017and focuses on value for money, linking of priorities, pan-London delivery (covering differing issues faced by inner and outer London), borough engagement, robust outcomes and equalities implications.
5. Note the planned request to Leaders’ Committee, (following support from the Chair and Vice Chairs of Grants Committee) to administer £100,000 per year for two years on behalf of the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) to enhance training to front-line professionals on identifying harmful practices, as set out in section six. This reflects the strong relationship between London Councils and MOPAC, and supports the Grants Programme principles of non-duplication and complementary services.