Not all our events are represented here. If you want presentations from an event not listed here please contact the event organiser.
Mayor's Transport Strategy - pre-consultation event
2 March 2017
The Mayor's Transport Strategy - The Mayor's Vision and Ambition for London - Val Shawcross CBE, Deputy Mayor for Transport
MTS: The Key Themes - Lilli Matson, Head of Strategy and Outcome Planning, TfL
The TfL / Borough Partnership - New LIP arrangements and funding - Ben Plowden, Director of Surface Strategy and Planning, TfL
Understanding violence, vulnerability and exploitation
15 November 2016
Developing responses to peer abuse - Sarah Wright Director of Children and Families, LB Hackney
Ending Gang Violence and Exploitation - Caroline Hart, Tackling Crime Unit, Home Office
Lewisham violence and vulnerability - Case study
MOPAC Evidence and Insight - Lynne Abrams, Tom Davies & Lynne Grossmith
The Evolving Nature of Gangs, Violence and Vulnerability - Mick McNally and Jarah Kasule
Developing responses to peer-abuse: learning from the MSU local site support project - Dr Carlene Firmin MBE
Tackling inequality between ethnic groups in London's youth justice system
15 July 2016
Presentations and details are available on the event page.
Supporting the mental health of Londoners
11 July 2016
London Councils Summit 2015
21 November 2015
Presentations and details of our annual conference are available on the conference web page.
Infrastructure & planning in London conference
3 November 2015
Tackling childhood obesity: How schools and members can work together
22 Sept 2015
This members only event looked at how schools and members can work together to tackle childhood obesity, including identifying what funding is available and how to link with the Healthy Schools programme.
With expert speakers on childhood obesity and local politicians who have grappled with this issue.
- Dr Paul Plant, Public Health England
- Tim Baker, Head of Charlton Manor Primary School in Greenwich
- Cllr Jonathan McShane, Cabinet Member for Health, Social Care and Culture, London Borough of Hackney, who speak about the work being done in Hackney schools and by the council to combat obesity in Hackney’s children
- Tim Baker recently featured on Jamie Oliver’s 'Sugar Rush' programme which aired on Channel 4 on Thursday 3 September. The programme investigated sugar’s huge contribution to global health problems like obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Presentations from the event can be downloaded below:
- Childhood Obesity in Hackney presentation: Cllr Jonathan McShane
- Childhood Obesity Overview: Dr Paul Plant
- Cooking and growing at school - impact on pupil wellbeing: Tim Baker