This Careers Curriculum framework is aimed at middle managers, teachers, careers and enterprise specialists, businesses, local authorities and other relevant government agencies working with young Londoners in various education and community settings. It is designed to act as stimuli material for collective action in schools and colleges across London.
London Ambitions calls for:
- Access to impartial, independent and personalised careers education, information, advice and guidance
- At least 100 hours of experiences of the world of work for all young Londoners and a digital portfolio
Leadership and accountability
- An explicit publicised careers policy and careers curriculum in every secondary school and college
- A governor with responsibility for ensuring the institution supports all students to relate their learning to careers and the world of work from an early age
Support for a high quality careers work
- Up-to-date, user-friendly labour market intelligence/information (LMI)
- Formation and development of ‘careers clusters’ to improve awareness of London’s labour market and supporting school and college leaders in a whole-school approach to plan and deliver careers provision. In 2016, twelve new Careers Clusters were established, supported by European Social Funding (ESF).
- A London Ambitions Portal – linking education to business and the careers community. This is now a live resource for London schools, colleges and employers. Visit: www.london.gov.uk/ambitions
Watch our video about the careers offer for young Londoners.